Local News

Fire displaces 6 people in Newberry Township

fire

Six people are displaced after fire tore through their York County home early Saturday morning. Flames broke out shortly before 6 a.m. at home located along the 1100 block of Cly Road in Newberry Township.

Five adults and a child were able to safely escape. One person was taken to the hospital for a medical condition unrelated to the fire.

The fire started on the second floor of the home and was caused by an electric space heater.

Firefighters rescued a python, two cats and a dog from the burning home.

The Red Cross is assisting the family with food, clothing and shelter.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement