Palmyra man dies in crash, other driver arrested for DUI

crash

A 19-year-old male passenger was killed Friday night and two others injured when a pickup truck crashed into their vehicle in Lebanon County. It happened around 6 p.m.  along the 100 block of North Londonderry Square near the entrance of Walmart in North Londonderry Township, police said.

Tylor Weaver, 19, of Palmyra, was a passenger in a vehicle headed east on Route 422 driven by Thomas Keiffer, 26, of Middletown. As Keiffer turned into the Walmart parking lot he collided with a westbound pickup truck driven by Jordan Johnson, 25, of Palmyra.
Weaver was taken to Penn State Hershey Medical Center where he later died. Keiffer and a female passenger were also taken to the hospital for treatment. They have since been released.
Johnson was not injured in the crash. He was arrested for driving under the influence, police said.

7 Comments to “Palmyra man dies in crash, other driver arrested for DUI”

Kat said:
    January 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM

My 2 young boys and I were at Wal-Mart last evening when this accident occurred. Upon checkout, they were saying to be careful when leaving. When I saw the scene from the parking lot I decided to "treat" the boys to a pizza at Pizza Hut, since they were upset. I figured I would be one less car to worry about and to just stay out of the way. It was a very eerie feeling and upon seeing it, you just knew this could involve a fatality. And now it's reported the other vehicle's driver was DUI.

Our hearts go out to the young man that was killed and to his family and to the others in the vehicle and their families. Just so sad.

David said:
    January 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I knew Tylor Weaver, he was a great friend. The female passenger was my sister Janet Keiffer. Tom Keiffer is my brother in law. I'm a 15 year old that lives in Middletown. I wish Tylor didn't have to go. He will surely be missed.

LYNN said:
    January 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Seems like alot of teens are dyeing of cry crashes

Lisa Marie Howard said:
    January 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Another sad fatality caused
    from someone who couldn’t stay away from drinking and driving. When will people ever learn that alcohol n driving DO NOT MIX!

Liz said:
    January 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

that was my friend who died…to lose him to a tragedy like this is terrible

Robin Weaver said:
    January 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Tylor was my Newphew !!! He was in his 2nd Yr of College he was Going to be a Scentist !!! I Really Want To Thank All The People That Helped Tylor !! Please people Don’t Drink and Drive :(( The Pain this Has Caused is not Worth The Drink !!!

john smores said:
    January 17, 2013 at 7:14 AM

teens should be more careful when driving and they should take extra care not to drive under dui. Look at what can happen when you drink too much: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4LrHJCLs3Q