No Tactical Style Firearms at Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show scheduled for February 2 through 10 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex will not include tactical AR-15 style semi-automatic firearms in the popular “Sportsman’s Shop Gun Alley”.  Event organizers in a blog on the shows website say the decision was made because the weapons…. “may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing…..”

The show is produced by Reed Exhibitions.

pro-shop-firearms2

The Eastern Sports and Outdoor show draws hundreds of thousands of people to the Harrisburg area each year.  Click here for more information.

19 Comments to “No Tactical Style Firearms at Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show”

Nate said:
    January 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM

It’s AR-15,not AR-16. It’s uninformed people like this that help cause a bad name for these “assault rifles”, which isn’t even a correct name for them.

And they make great hunting rifles, not for PA hunting, but for varmint, predator, small deer sized game and wild hogs they are great. These people clearly don’t care, and I will not be attending this year because of these rifles not being allowed.

lazrus444 said:
    January 15, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Those gun manufacturers and dealers that handle these weapons should cancel their booths at the show and support OUR right to own these weapons that few know anything about. Maybe the sportsmen of PA should also find another venue to pursue from the 2nd to the 10th ???

Colt357 said:
    January 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I agree with you guys. I also think anyone who cares about their gun rights should boycott the Sports and Outdoor Show. It’s about more than just hunting and fishing it’s about archery and shooting sports also. They obviously don’t get it. I have no intention of supporting any sports organization that would not support my right use a weapon of my choice. Once Obama realizes it only takes a second to switch out a seven round magazine they will want to take all semi autos next. My kids and I are staying home. Glad to see our Governor didn’t give an inch when interviewed by **. Unlike our new Attorney General who stated on ** tonight she sees no need for a gun that can “spray 500 bullets”. What an idiot guess she needs to check her law books on fully automatic weapons. She also made it clear she wants to be able track any kind of gun and ammo sales!

Larry said:
    January 16, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Shooting in it self is its own sport, its in the Olympics its a sport. Hunting isn't a sport its a way to get food.

Larry said:
    January 16, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Question? How could the producers of the ESOE refuse to allow "assult" weapons at the ESOE, while they also produce the "Shot Show" at the Sands Converntion Center in Las Vegas NV. The Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show) and Conference is the largest and most comprehensive trade show for all professionals involved with the shooting sports, hunting and law enforcement industries. It is the world's premier exposition of combined firearms, ammunition, law enforcement, cutlery, outdoor apparel, optics and related products and services. The SHOT Show attracts buyers from all 50 states and more than 100 countries. The SHOT Show is owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation and is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions.

Hoerner said:
    January 16, 2013 at 7:56 AM

This one and the one in Philly are doing the same, and as others have said, I am not going to either now, just ridiculous how extreme these shows are being…..too angry to go on.
    Address the REAL issue, morality.

Jason said:
    January 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Well I can scratch that show off my list. I refuse to ever go again, EVER. If you organizers want to be lame politically correct sheep, then go right ahead b/c sooner or later the gun grabbers will come for the hunting firearms that are sold there. Semi-auto AR- 15′s are used in hunting varmits and there is also a variant for deer in a larger caliber. I hope that many hunters realize the assault taking place on our 2nd Amendment rights and speak up and start boycotting these politically correct sheep that think they are gun owner’s friends.

Jerry said:
    January 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM

This is a great disappointment to me. How in the world can a company that holds one of the largest sports shows in the world, ban weapons? So many people don't have a clue about what the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution is about!

rmorris772 said:
    January 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I have been an avid hunter for over 32 years, I have attended the ESOE show the last 4 years. I wont be going this year! And I think everyone else should boycott it. This is a hunting show and Hunting involves guns. I own an AR-15 it is a gun not an assult weopon. I also have a steak knife it as well is not a samari sword! Could both kill someone absolutely, but how you are raised and what choices YOU make in life are the only thing thats going to make any significant changes. If I go to a hunting show I expect to see all related items. Not be told that it might offend someone. What a serious joke and blow to anyone that ever hunted.

David Brandty said:
    January 17, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Continue to write your various representatives in all areas of Govt., especially those who think they are So much better than us "little" people. I am sick and tired of their "witch hunt " against us regular citizens.
    Why is it that Liberals promote "pro choice(which means many abortion deaths), yet rail against us for wanting to exercise the same right of Pro choice to have and carry weapons we feel needed to PROTECT our lives and others?????
    Question:
    How many abortions may a woman have?? Answer: As many as she wants…..
    Question: How many bullets should we have in our defense guns?? Answer: The very same number
    de
    Dave in Pa.

C Mason said:
    January 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Here we go Eastern Sportsman Show…bow down to the liberials! Whats next?…No way will me or my friends attend your now liberial show!

C Keen said:
    January 17, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Was going to attend, not now. Don't bow to pressure. You will get more negative press for not having AR style weapons than for having them. Idiots.

steve said:
    January 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Does anyone have a count of the vendors that have pulled out of the show and who they are at this point. I hope the ones that haven't pulled out get smart. They will see short term gains for long term loses.

steve said:
    January 20, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Does anyone know how many and who pulled their booths from the show. Prehaps this would be good for Fox 43 to investigate and report about on a daily basis

John Scaffidi said:
    January 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I have been going to the show with my sons for more then 25 years . All I can say NO AR's NO ME or my sons. I will not give my money to anyone that dose not support my 2nd amendment rights;

steve said:
    January 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM

WELL FOX 43, ARE YOU GOING TO ACCEPT THE CHALLANGE OF IDENTIFYING THOSE VENDORS PULLING OUT OF THE ESOE AND REPORT IT IN SOME FASHON. THIS IS NEWS AND I WOULD SAY IT'S BIG LOCAL NEWS IF YOU CARE TO REPORT IT.

Matt at FOX43 said:
      January 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Check out our new posts.

Chris said:
    January 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Freakin sell outs! trying to separate hunters and gun enthusiasts..Makes me sick! We all need to stick together and boycott the show

Ethel said:
    April 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM

It’s truly a nice and useful piece of information. I’m satisfied that
    you just shared this useful information with us.
    Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.