Local News

More Businesses Pulling Out

More businesses are pulling out of the upcoming Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show because organizers have banned the sale and display of assault style and high capacity ammunition magazines.  The show begins February 2nd.  So far at least four gun stores have said they won’t participate including Trop, Lancaster Archery Supply and Cabela’s.  Some television celebrities who host outdoor shows have also said they won’t be coming this year.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

9 Comments to “More Businesses Pulling Out”

    Colt357 said:
    January 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM

    Looks like the so called "assault weapons" aren't the only things that will be missing from the show this year. Actions speak louder than words so make yourself heard gun owners of America. Make it known that we won't give inch when our rights are under attack, Also join the NRA or another gun rights organization that will make you voice even louder.

    Phil Breighner said:
    January 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM

    The show is also going to lose hundreds of sportsmen that have gone there for years. It was really a stupid decision that solves nothing.

    lazrus444 said:
    January 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM

    It sure would be great if the Sportsmen also boycot the event.

      ken said:
      January 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

      Believe me, they will. Why spend $10 to park and a hefty ticket price when the big attractions won't be there.

    Huntress said:
    January 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM

    There are over 200 sponsors and vendors who have pulled from this show! Hourly the list grows! ALL of the TV Celebs who was to be there have now canceled as well. There are now websites set up that are listing all those who are not attending so the public can still go to the websites and support them! TY to all of those standing strong for our 2A rights!

    Bruce said:
    January 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM

    I don't think it was the organizers. I think it was the Farm Show Complex Committee that made the decision to not allow the semi-automatic and assult rifles.

      Jeff said:
      January 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

      The show is run by a company from the UK and they are the ones causing the ban.

    Huntress said:
    January 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM

    The show is ran by REED Enterprises, which yes, is a company based out of the UK! They have a office in CT that they run the show out of. Reed is who made the announcement NOT the Farm Complex!!!

    dan p said:
    January 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM

    now its time for pa to run their own sports show. the people running Harrisburg let it happen and now the town, county and state are going to loose money maybe I will see all of you next year

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement