Deadly fire, second fire at same home in two months

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A State Police Fire Marshal is investigating a house fire that left one person dead in Cumberland County on Saturday night . Flames broke out around 9:30 p.m.  at a home located along the 4000 block of East Trindle Road in Hampden Township.

Heavy smoke was pouring out of all the windows when fire crews arrived at the scene. One person was found dead inside .

This is the second time in two months that firefighters responded to this home. On Nov. 29th a woman suffered injuries after she escaped through a window, according to  Cumberland County Public Information Officer, John Breutsch.

Neighbor Terry Durham helped the woman escape from her home back on November 29th. “We came out and saw the smoke. We went over to see where the smoke was coming from and realized the house was on fire. I just kind of pounded and pounded until she came to a window and pulled her out.”

“We actually walked outside of our front door we looked down the street and there was smoke rolling out and we ran around back and the back porch inside the kitchen was on fire so he just started knocking on the doors and went back and forth until he heard her and he pulled her out of the bathroom window,” says Terry’s wife Angela Durham. “I am very shocked. After the first time of my husband pulling her out of the fire, I guess it was in November, and then this happening last night. It’s a big shocker. It hits your heart. The day after she came over and she was thanking him and very happy that he was able to pull her out.”

Police are not saying whether it is the woman who lived in the home. The Cumberland County Coroner’s office has not yet released the identity of the victim. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

Investigators are still looking into what started the fire. They are not saying whether or not they think it is suspicious.  The fire back in November was ruled accidental and is believed to have started in the kitchen.

“It’s heart-wrenching. You start thinking, you know, was he there for a reason the first time? And he was and she had Christmas and stuff and then this happens,” says Angela.

1 Comment

  • hypocrites

    See! if fire would've been banned, this would not have happened a 2nd time! Now your community is mourning the loss of another person, but I guess that's not brutal enough for the liberal media's attempt at sensationalism to push any agendas?!…. hmmm How pathetic that nobody else posted to this article to offer their condolences because it didn't strike enough fear into them perhaps?
    With that in mind, I offer my heartfelt condolences to the victim's family, since lamestream media wasn't able to sensationalize this story to the top of their headlines.. How very sad that the loss of your loved one, doesn't deserve the same coverage given to some psycho who really doesn't deserve it!
    Many blessings!

Comments are closed.