Local News

Motel patrons evacuated after 2-alarm fire breaks out in York City

firepic1

A 2-alarm fire breaks out at a York City motel on Saturday morning.  Several people were evacuated from the Rodeway Inn along the 100 block of North George Street around 9:42 a.m. Heavy smoke  could be seen for many blocks as firefighters worked to douse the flames.

Many patrons were roused from their rooms and taken to a temporary shelter at a nearby Elks Club. EMS evaluated nearly 40 patients at the scene, according to dispatchers.

It is unclear if anyone is still inside the burning building.

Investigators have closed George Street from Philadelphia Street to North Street.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement