National & World News

Deputy reprimanded over profanity-laced tirade caught on camera

(CBS Miami) – A Broward Sheriff’s deputy caught on camera unloading a torrent of obscenities and threats — including death at the hands of alligators — at a man being investigated for causing a disturbance was issued a written reprimand and allowed back on the force.

Merchant begins to explain his actions but after a few seconds, Dubinski unloads.

“Jessie, I’m gonna tell you right now, your f—— a– is going home or I’m going to beat the f—— p— out of you,” Dubinski is recorded saying.
“Yes, sir,” Merchant replied.
“I see your f—— a– again tonight I’m going to f—— split your f—— skull f—— with my flashlight,” Dubinski is heard saying. “Remember what I told you about the alligators? I’m gonna feed your a– to them. I’m not gonna arrest you. I’m gonna feed you to the f—— alligators. I’m taking you out on the Alley and I’m dumping your a–. So you’re gonna die.”

24407724

6 Comments to “Deputy reprimanded over profanity-laced tirade caught on camera”

HowIgnorantRU? said:
    February 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Sounds like they know each other beforehand. But it would be nice if the names were identified in the written story before using them. Dubinski must be the deputy and Merchant must be the other guy.

WarmSmellyFarts said:
    February 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM

good!!

cindy said:
      February 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM

We need more cops like that!!!!!!!

Rodney67 said:
        February 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I'd like to see a lot less codling of the criminals but i'm not sure causing a disturbance warrents this. murderers, rapists, gang bangers yeah feed the gators a disturbance I think that's a little much.

LTC(RET) said:
    February 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Nothing warrants unprofessional behavior like this from an officer of the law. If he cannot control himself, he should be removed and never allowed to wear either a uniform or a badge again. Rants from the gutter belong in the gutter. The public deserves better. It matters not at all whether they knew each other. This LEO had no right to even mention any of the things he proposed.

rob said:
    February 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I see nothing wrong with the way it was handled some times it is the only way you can get through to some people