York in top 20 for most dangerous cities

According to one survey, York ranks higher than Baltimore on a list of the top most dangerous cities in the U.S.  Neighborhood Scout ranks York 18th.  Baltimore is 27th most dangerous and Harrisburg is 30th on the list. Sarasota, Florida is at the bottom of the list of 100.

To see the complete list click here.

7 Comments to “York in top 20 for most dangerous cities”

sue cline said:
    May 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

that no suprise have you looked at the people that live in york city. enough said!

intelligent person said:
    May 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Dear Ms. Cline. I personally take that very offensive…My family and I live in York City and love it. We live on a wonderful street with great neighbors. We are both mature, educated professionals with excellent paying jobs. Maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental towards people who just prefer to live in a different culture enriched neighborhood than you…Just saying…..

Horrible said:
    May 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM

York City is disgusting! I was born and raised there and now wouldn't dare walk down the street I grew up on! So sad to see a place go from fond memories to what it is today!

anonymous said:
    May 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM

If you haven’t realized there’s a lot of ppl moving to york and makin it bad ppl from new york baltimore lancaster harrisburg so rly it ain’t york its who’s moving to here

Tom Browand said:
    May 16, 2013 at 1:56 AM

As a former Yorker I am appalled at this news – it is time for the people of York to TAKE BACK THEIR CITY !

Nicko said:
    May 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

York is trash, that's why I moved to Miami Beach, grew up in the suburbs of York, my family would not let me near the city, its been dangerous for many years!