Jose Canseco Investigated In Sex Assault Case

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (KTLA) — A sexual assault investigation involving Jose Canseco was underway Wednesday, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

Statements related to the alleged assault, including the victim’s name and photo, had been posted on Canseco’s Twitter account.

The following is a series of posts from Canseco’s Twitter feed, some of which have since been deleted. The victim’s information has been withheld.

–”Breaking news this is a first folks las vegas police was just at my house i have been charged with rape by a [Name withheld] from las vegas.”

–”All media welcome to this drama filled event. Did i rape [Name withheld] or is she lieing. Stay tuned to another day in the life of jose canseco.”

–”I think we should start this off with a polygraph exam.just to get the ball rolling.”

–”[Name withheld] told the police that i druged (sic) her and then raped her.hmmmmmm.lets find out what really happened.”

No charges were filed against Canseco and no other details about the case were available, police said.