Carlisle, Cumberland County –
It’s a celebration of all things Ford this weekend in Carlisle as the Ford Nationals roll into town. The show features over 3,000 Ford cars from the newest Mustang to the oldest Model T’s. Ford Nationals will roll out everything from muscle cars to comfort cars.
Doors open today at 7 a.m. and run from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
Here is a list of some of the highlights of the events:
- ·Nearly 3,000 cars from all eras of production onsite
- ·Ford corporate onsite with management and representatives from Detroit (major backer of this event)
- ·Historically significant displays
- ·Downtown Carlisle Parade and Street Party (Saturday – free for community members to attend and benefits the Downtown Carlisle Association)
- · Live music downtown as part of the parade with local acts Blackwater Jam and Chris Woodward
- ·Ride alongs on an aggressive off road course in a Ford Raptor with Miller Motorsports Park and Ford (media rides available)
- · Free Test Drives via the Ford Go Further Ride and Drive Experience (free for everyone – no event ticket required)
- ·Register to a win two year lease on a 2013 Ford Raptor (Drawing held on Sunday, 9/6 as part of Carlisle Sports and Outdoor Nationals)
- ·Win an engine (announced on Sunday, June 9)
- ·Special industry guests like Steve Saleen, Lee Holman (of Holman/Moody fame), Marcie Cipriani, Milo Coleman and more
- ·Special racing guest, World Drifting Champion Vaughn Gittin Jr. (signing autographs, meeting fans and drifting
For more information and tickets, click http://carlisleevents.com/ce/events/ford-nationals