National & World News

The wedding gift gone wrong

gift basketBuying a wedding gift for a causal acquaintance can be tough but one Canadian couple found that out the hard way.

The couple gave a basket filled with fancy salsa, oil, biscuits, marshmallow spread and more. The couple signed the card: ” Life is delicious Enjoy.”

However, the huge gift basket was not received well following the nuptials, the gift giving couple received a text from the bride and what it said is causing some controversy.

She wrote:

“I want to thank you for coming to the wedding Friday. I’m not sure if it’s the first wedding you have been to, but for your next wedding … people give envelopes. I lost out on $200 covering you and your date’s plate . … and got fluffy whip and sour patch kids in return. Just a heads-up for the future.”

The bride also asked for a receipt later saying her spouse was gluten intolerant. She also asked for the receipt so she could return the gift basket and keep the money instead.

14 Comments to “The wedding gift gone wrong”

MyTakeOnIt said:
    June 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Hmmm, a rude response that was unnecessary. Good luck with that marriage.

Hank feltetsnatch said:
      June 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM

This is so nasty. A. Lesbian wedding?? Nasty attitude I guess it’s a union not a marriage.. A wedding is not a business

My Opinion said:
    June 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Wow! Bridezilla all the way to the reception.

Al P said:
    June 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Instructive in that it is one of the worst examples of bad manners I have come across. A genuine no class act.

lori said:
    June 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Wow. Rude beyond comparison.

cathy said:
    June 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

well….a gift is just that….a gift. Not suppose to get back what the couple paid for reception (if they couldn't afford that price for a wedding then I guess they should have had a picnic in the back yard) I do agree though that the choice of gift is VERY strange!

choupt said:
    June 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Very ungrateful!
    Did she just invite them for a gift or to share in their special day!
    Maybe that is all they could afford? RUDE!
    Did'nt her mother ever teach her it is the thought that counts!
    She should be ashamed of herself!
    Her new husband is such a "lucky" man!

anonymous said:
    June 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

The bride was very rude! Did actually expect everyone to pretty much pay for their own food? And I age with the one comment good luck groom we all already know how stingy she is!

stephanie cauler said:
    June 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM

This bride would get bitch slapped….for 1- u invite people to your wedding to share the ceremony of the two of u getting married….if u invited people just so they buy u a expensive qift then u are a greedy person and everyone should take their wedding gift back…2- and then to text the person about the gift was just outrageous and rude….I don't see how u have any friends and your new husband should run for his life …..not like this marriage is gonna last long with you are a nasty bitch…..

Susie said:
    June 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

wow..When we were getting married, we wouldn't have dreamed to say something like that to a friend we invited…We were taught better than that…My kids at 26 and 32 would not do that either…They've been taught better…In fact, I don't know anyone in our whole family of young people getting married who would do that…Bridezilla was obviously just a spoiled brat who was inviting people to her wedding for the wrong reasons and I'd send her some arsnic instead of the receipt!… So very rude and I honestly don't see that there would be many brides who would do that!!!

Kim Mozdzen said:
    June 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM

OMG that was very rude.

Rebecca said:
    June 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM

now that was ignorant….she should of been glad they came too share their day….i pitty the groom tho ..cuz if she is acting like this now he better have pretty deep pockets later…..she sounds high maintenance….but if shes just in it for money then hes already up the creek….to the ones that gave the basket i say this ..I would have loved it….after all its the thought that counts..NOT THE PRICE

Patricia said:
    June 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Somebody never learned good etiquette or tact! It is the thought that counts, and they should be ashamed of themselves. There is no law that says when you are invited to a wedding that you must bring a gift! Of course people normally do, but it is not a requirement. How rude and selfish!!

lalitntaparia said:
    November 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM

It is corretly seen in my country. We used to provide many gifts to married couple.most important things are on occasion gifts by Guests. I used to buy from < a href="http://sevenpromises.com/"&gt; Marriage Gifts . Most of the time we think of surprise gifts for newly wedded couples.