Police arrest the man they say set a house on fire in August because his ex-girlfriend was inside. Thomas M. Funk, 25, of Newberry Township, allegedly lit a mixture of flammable liquids that were stored in a 5 quart motor oil container next to the home in the 2900 block of Deep Hollow Road in Dover Township around 2:30am on August 7th. Three vehicles parked at the home had their tires slashed. He left graffiti on the vehicles indicating the fire was not a random act.
Thomas M. Funk has been arraigned on the following charges;
- Criminal Attempt Homicide – 9 counts
- Aggravated Assault – 9 counts
- Arson – Danger of Death or Bodily Injury – 1 Count
- Causing or Risking a Catastrophe – 1 Count
- Terroristic Threats – 1 Count
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person – 9 Counts
Funk is currently at the York County Prison in lieu of $1,000,000.00 bail.
The investigation into this incident continues. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Northern York County Regional Police Department at 717-292-3647 or use the crime tip reporting portion of this website.