Exploding e-cigarette burns 3-year-old

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(FoxNews)

A Utah mother claims that one of her e-cigarettes exploded in her car, giving her 3-year-old son first and second degree burns, Fox 13 reported.

Kinzie Barlow, of Mount Pleasant, Utah, said she had a White Rhino e-cigarette plugged into her car’s charger.  She claims the device exploded while she was driving, sending a hot copper coil flying across the car.

The coil landed in son Khonor’s car seat, causing it to light on fire, according to Barlow.

“He was screaming and saying, ‘Mom, get me! Get me,’” Barlow told Fox 13.

Barlow was eventually able to extinguish the fire but not before her son suffered burns.

Fire Marshall Lynn Schofield, of Provo, Utah, confirmed Barlow’s report and said it’s not the first time he’s seen a fire caused by an e-cigarette.

“This is the second time it’s happened in Provo,” Schofield told Fox 13. “This is the first time we’ve had an injury.”

Khonor is recovering well from his injuries, and Barlow said now that she knows the potential dangers associated with e-cigarettes, she’ll never buy them again.

Read More: http://fox13now.com/

2 comments

  • Maria Moon

    One of the reasons why vip electronic cigarette are very common today is because, unlike the tobacco cigarettes, they can be used in public places.

  • Maria Moon

    The e-cigarettes are cylindrical shaped objects filled with a dissolved solution (a mixture of liquid nicotine, water and propylene glycol) and have a filter and a glowing tip. When you begin puffing at one end, vapor is released and inhaled into the lungs making users feel like they have smoked a real cigarette.

Comments are closed.