Local News

Discarded cigarette cause of York City fire

Unintentional, that is the ruling of an early morning fire that left 10 people including four children temporarily homeless in York City.  York Fire officials say the two alarm fire started from a discarded cigarette on a second floor porch of 112 Manchester Street. Flames quickly spread to the adjoining townhouse at 110 Manchester Street.

When the first fire crews arrived on the scene, smoke and flames were billowing from the front eases on the upper floors of the buildings. Total damage to both townhouses is estimated at $20,000.  It took about a half hour to bring the fire under control. There were no injuries.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement