Two men charged for slitting dog’s throat

Two men are facing charges in relation to an animal cruelty case in Dauphin County where a dog had his neck slit three times. 21- year old Jeffery Scott Fletcher Jr., of Highspire, and 31-year old Josh  Boyanowski, of Middletown, are facing animal cruelty charges, among other charges for the incident.

Lower Swatara Township Police said Boyanowski was the owner of the male mixed-breed “Trigger” and asked his friend Fletcher to kill him. Boyanowski told police he was angry after Trigger bit his young daughter Monday night, causing her to get stitches. Officers confirmed that a dog bite victim was treated at Penn State Hershey Medical Center Monday night.

Boyanowski-Joshua–Fletcher-Jeffrey

[Josh Boyanowski: left          Scott Fletcher Jr.: right]

Fletcher told police he took the dog to a wooded area along Stoner Drive in Lower Swatara Township, and tried to slit his throat with a hunting knife. He tried two times but was unsuccessful because the dog was biting him. The third time he thought he succeeded because “Trigger” dropped to the ground. Fletcher told police he waited there until he couldn’t feel Trigger breathing anymore and he thought he was dead.

Trigger eventually made his way to the side of the road and was discovered by a passerby. The passerby notified police who then rushed Trigger to the Londonderry Animal Hospital. “We got a phone call on Wednesday morning saying he was severely injured, could they come right over, we said yes of course! The officers who brought him in and the two passersby did a phenomenal job of getting the wound bandaged up, and getting the bleeding under control,” said Dr. Lia Belanger, a Veterinarian at Londonderry Animal Hospital. “The wound was not real deep, which is what saved his life.”

Trigger had surgery on Wednesday afternoon to close the wounds and had some drains put in. He is on antibiotics and pain medication. He is now at the Humane Society of Harrisburg because he is considered evidence in an investigation.

Trigger will eventually be available for adoption. Dr. Belanger doesn’t think he will have any trouble finding a new home. She said several people, including the two who found him, have requested to adopt him. The outpouring of support has been equally as impressive. “People offering to pay for care, people offering to pay for future care, and somebody has offered to donate a lifetime supply of dog food. It’s been overwhelming,” said Dr. Belanger.

To see the full criminal complaint click here

16 Comments to “Two men charged for slitting dog’s throat”

My Opinion said:
    December 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I would like to take those 2 assholes out into the woods and slit there throats!

Mom said:
      December 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM

hey ass that is a threat you will go to jail

sickofit said:
        December 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM

He said he would like to, not that he was going to………….The ass here is the one that slit the dog's throat and the other one in on planning it, aka conspiracy, so I think the proper people will go to jail.
        As for your other post, NOBODY is going to be issuing an apology to either one of these pieces of crap.

veb said:
        December 16, 2013 at 9:43 AM

It is not a threat to say you would like to do something to someone. And if you would have raised your child better people wouldnt be saying anything about him!

MNP said:
      December 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Poor dog, was probably provoked by the scumbag kid…trash breeds more trash

americanforchange said:
    December 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Reblogged this on My opinions on America's issues and commented:
    People can really suck in this country!!

AKA John Galt said:
    December 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    Mom said:
    December 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM

hey Melissa get your facts correct or you like pennlive and 27 will be issuing a public apology to one of these guys

MyTakeOnIt said:
      December 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Let me help. I'm sorry Fletcher that a hunter did not mistake you for prey and shoot you in the head as you started the first slice but then Boyanowski would have gotten away scott-free after your death as he claimed you stole his pup.

Megan's Law should be amended to include these types of creeps because they need labeled and tracked for life too.

sickofit said:
      December 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM

"get your facts correct"…OK let's set the facts straight: These are quoted directly from the police report.
      "Joshua Boyanowski did tell me he requested Fletcher kill his dog and gave the dog to Fletcher to do so."
      AND
      "Josh said that Fletcher did take the dog from him on Tuesday night and later called him and told him he had killed the dog."
      So Mom, WHY would ANYBODY issue an apology when the parties involved BOTH admitted to this crime.
      Get your head out of your rear and take off the rose colored glasses. They are BOTH worthless P.O.S.
      Pennlive, 27, and 43 should keep this story at the top of their list.
      You should apologize for sticking up for these morons……………..MOM

MNP said:
    December 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM

These 2 scumbags are nothing but trash…unfortuntely breeding more trash

Daniel said:
    December 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Adoption,for this dog?You got to be kidding me.Is this what we do with child offeders?I know,I don't want that dog living in my neighborhood.I also know what I would do if my dog would bite my child.He/she would not be up for adoption.I would hate to think that a little girls life and well being is less important then a dog.So,lets pull the Trigger,that I way know he won't be living next door to me and my neighbors.

veb said:
      December 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

How do you know that this dog was not provoked? Were you there?? In most cases dogs bite as their defense and often show remorse right after by cowering away. And as for biting the man that cut his neck….would you not try to fight back if someone did that to you???? Before you decide to take the life of one of Gods creatures all avenues must be explored. It is very possible that Trigger would do just fine in a home with no children or older children. And responsible pet parents train and avoid situations that would cause the dog to act out.

Daniel said:
        December 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Got to love it,bleeding hearts that reward bad behavior.

veb said:
          December 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM

First of all you compare a child abuser to an actual animal. They are not even on the same playing field. Secondly I am not rewarding bad behavior at all. You are by saying that it was right for these guys to do what they did to this dog. What I am saying is there are other avenues to explore before killing an animal. I had a dog that I loved very much that bit my daughter's foot (she kicked her while crawling into bed). Luckily my daughter was fine and did not need stitches. But the next day the dog was gone anyway as my child's safty is priority. The dog is now in a home with a couple that has no children, and years later has never bit again nor showed any sign of aggression. She just was not the right fit for a family with children. Should my dog have done it again in the new home I would have been the first to say for everyone's safty she be put down. Regardless I would rather be a bleeding heart then to have no heart at all.

Daniel said:
            December 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Thanks for proving my point.I can see how your thought process can be just as damaging as that dog.Reread my comment,nowhere in my comment do I make any mention at all that supports what the two men did.