Entertainment

‘Fast & Furious 7′ to be released in April 2015

1487886_10152194488743313_2054252854_o

Paul Walker and Vin Diesel.
Credit: Vin Diesel Facebook.

By Dana Ford, (CNN) — Delayed, but a go.

That’s what “Fast & Furious” actor Vin Diesel told fans Sunday night about the franchise’s seventh installment.

He posted a message and photograph on Facebook that showed the last scene he and Paul Walker filmed together.

“There was a unique sense of completion, of pride we shared… in the film we were now completing… the magic captured… and, in just how far we’ve come…,” Diesel wrote, announcing a new release date for the film — April 10, 2015.

“P.s. He’d want you to know first…,” he said.

The movie had been scheduled for a July 2014 release, but production was put on hold following Walker’s sudden death.

Walker, 40, and the rest of the “Fast & Furious” cast were on a short break for Thanksgiving when he stepped into a red 2005 Porsche Carerra GT for a short ride around a Santa Clarita, California, business park.

Investigators believe the car, driven by Walker’s friend, was speeding when it clipped a light pole and was engulfed in flames, killing both men.

Walker’s ex-cop character, Brian O’Conner, was central to five of the first six “Fast & Furious” stories, and his death left the future of the next film in doubt.

Millions of dollars are at stake, considering the franchise has sold $2.6 billion in tickets around the world since 2001.

CNN’s Alan Duke contributed to this report.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement