Fire heavily damages a home in Dauphin County. The fire broke out at about 5:30 o’clock this evening at the home in the first block of Long Lane Drive in South Hanover Township. The first crews on the scene reported smoke billowing from the upper floor of the home.
Because of its rural location, tankers were called to scene to provide a reliable source of water. The homeowner started a fire in the fireplace. Shortly afterwards, the family heard a popping noise from the upstairs. The fire spread from the chimney the crawl space under the floor. Firefighters opened the roof to get to hard to extinguish areas. There were no injuries. No word on a damage estimate.