2 rescued from roof of York City row home fire
A two-alarm row home fire in York City overnight forced 15 people from their homes, fire officials said.
Flames broke out around midnight along the 400 block of Walnut Street.
Fire officials say an adult male and a four-year-old girl had to be rescued from the roof after becoming trapped on an upper floor. The pair climbed onto the roof after fire and smoke kept them from being able to get downstairs, authorities said
The girl was taken to Penn State Hershey Medical Center as a precaution for smoke inhalation.
The American Red Cross is assisting 11 adults and four children who were displaced.
Several pets, including three cats, are missing and unaccounted for.
A dog was killed in the fire.
Fire officials say the fire was caused by an electrical issue resulting in $80,000 worth of damage.