Police in Lancaster County arrest a suspect in a series of burglaries. A break in the case came after a burglary at about 12:20 pm Monday afternoon in the 1600 block of Ridgedale Drive in Manheim Township. A resident told police that someone forced entry through a window at the home and stolen some coins. Shortly thereafter, some of those coins were sold at a local coin shop.
Investigators were able to identify the suspect who sold the coins as Shawn McCracken, 32, of Manheim Township. They began surveillance on McCracken’s home in the 1900 block of Oregon Pike. At about 4:15 pm yesterday, McCracken was seen entering him. He was taken into custody without incident.
Also Monday at about 5:15 pm, a second burglar at another home in the 1600 block of Ridgedale Drive was reported. The theft entered through an unlocked window and took a camera, cash and jewelry.
Upon questioning, investigators were able to link McCracken to a total of five burglaries and six thefts, including the two on Monday.
- Burglary of residence in the 1400 block of Eden Road between December 1, 2013 and January 8, 2014. Copper pipes, train sets, firearms and antiques were taken.
- Theft of snowboarding equipment from a locked storage unit in the 500 block of Hedgerow Lane sometime between January 13 and 17, 2014.
- Burglary of a residence in the 800 block of Bluegrass Road by forcing open a window sometime during the morning of January 23 2014. Jewelry was taken.
- Burglary of a residence in the 100 block of Hess Boulevard by breaking a window sometime on January 23, or 24, 2014. Jewelry and silverware were taken.
- Two burglaries in the 1600 block of Ridgedale Drive.