Amtrak suspends some services in Northeast, South and Mid-Atlantic Regions
Amtrak will suspend some services from the New York and south of Washington, D.C., due to the latest winter storm forecast for the Northeast, Southeast, and Mid-Atlantic regions.
Other Amtrak Services in these regions, including the Northeast Corridor, are scheduled to operate. The suspension of some service in Carolinas, Georgia, Florida is designed to reduce the exposure of Amtrak passengers, crews and rail equipment to extreme weather conditions, in coodination with CSX Transportation. Alternative transportation is not available.
The following services will be suspended for origination on Wednesday February 12:
* Northbound and Southbound Crescent, Trains 19 and 20
* Southbound Silver Star and Silver Meteor, Trains 91 and 98
* Northbound and Southbound Auto Train, Trains 52 and 53
* Northbound and Southbound Carolinian, Trains 79 and 80
* Eastbound and Westbound Piedmont, Trains 75 and 76
Amtrak regrets any inconvenience. This information is correct as of the above time and date. Informatioin is subject to change as conditions warrant.