Trash Collection for York City
YORK CITY COLLECTION SCHEDULE
Due to the winter storms, collections for the remainder of the week will be as follows:
There will be no trash collection today, Thursday, February 13th.
Residents in the Monday-Thursday area will have collection on Friday.
Residents in the Tuesday –Friday area will have collection on Saturday.
York City refuse customers are asked to be patient and to make special efforts during winter’s harsh weather to properly prepare all items placed for collection. Trash collection in good weather is a tough job. Wind, rain, snow and ice present many additional challenges for collection crews, often resulting in sprains and similar injuries, frostbite and even worse. Additionally, collections in inclement weather will take longer and crews begin work as early as 6 a.m. and may be collecting as late as 9 p.m.
What you can do to help …
- Place all trash in securely tied, heavy-mil bags (Max. 32 gals & 40 pounds) or in trash cans with tight fitting lids (Max. 32 gals & 40 pounds).
- In case of snow, it is recommended customers use dark colored bags so they are visible against snow covered ground.
- Uncover and clear a path to all items.
- In cases of heavy snow accumulation, place items on top or in front of snow piles directly along the collection route, so they are easily accessible by collection crews.
- In case of wind, if your recycling container is only partially filled, consider holding recyclables until the following week.
- Do not place unscheduled large-items or trash in excess of your bag limit. They will not be collected.
- Be sure all items are placed at the pick-up point by 6 a.m. the day of collection. Crews begin at 6 a.m. and will not return for items that are set out late.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!