PennDOT has lifted the speed limit restrictions that have been in place on major roadways in south central Pennsylvania since 12:30 a.m. yesterday due to the winter storm that hit 6 a.m.
The following roads in south central Pennsylvania were affected by the earlier speed restrictions:
· Interstate 81 in Franklin, Cumberland, Dauphin and Lebanon counties
· Interstate 78 in Lebanon County
· Interstate 83 in York, Cumberland and Dauphin counties
· Interstate 283 in Dauphin County
· PA 283 in Dauphin and Lancaster counties
· US 22/322 in Dauphin County and Perry counties
· PA 581 in Cumberland County
· US 11 in Franklin and Cumberland counties
· US 15 in Adams, York and Cumberland counties
· US 11/15 in Cumberland and Perry County counties
· US 30 in York and Lancaster Counties
· US 222 in Lancaster County, from US 30 to Berks County line
PennDOT is continuing to treat roadways throughout the region and will continue until roads are clear. PennDOTasks motorists to allow plenty of space when driving near plow trucks. Also, for their own safety and the safety of plow operators, motorists should never attempt to pass a truck while it is plowing or spreading winter materials.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAHarrisburg.
Report a Typo