Local News

Fire Officials: Electrical issue sparked 3-alarm Harrisburg duplex fire

13th street fire

An electrical issue sparked a three-alarm duplex fire Saturday night and displaced six people in Harrisburg, fire officials said.

Fire crews were called at 8:10 p.m. to the home located along the 1300 block of South 13th Street for a report of a building fire. When firefighters arrived they found heavy black smoke pouring from the roof.

A firefighter suffered minor injuries while battling the blaze. They were treated on the scene and went back to work fighting the fire.

According to fire officials, an electrical issue in the ceiling area between the first and second floors sparked the fire.

Everyone inside the duplex was able to make it out safely.

The damage was estimated at $160,000.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement