IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Family displaced following a fire in Red Lion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Red Lion Fire

A family of four was forced from their home Sunday evening, after a fire broke out just before 6:00 p.m.  It happened at a home on the 200 block of N. Franklin Street in Red Lion, York County.

Firefighters responded to the fire and were able to extinguish it very quickly. Officials tell FOX43 the fire started from an unattended lit candle on the second floor. The family was at home when the fire broke out. The family described the sound of the fire as a loud “pop” and then saw flames coming from the window, fire officials said.

No one was injured. Firefighters say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Estimated damages are about $30,000.