Fire damages Lancaster County home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire damages a Lancaster County home.  The fire broke out at 2 o’clock this afternoon at the home along Witmer Road in East Lampeter Township.  The resident was trying to put out the fire when the first fire crews arrived on the scene.

The fire is believed have started in a stove that spread into the walls of the house. The fire was quickly brought under control. Damage was mostly from smoke.