Last Saturday March 1, Cody was trapped in a house in Aspers, Adams County, while it burned to the ground. Everything was lost including his litter-mate. Cody was found by fireman several hours later and immediately administered Oxygen. Because of the smoke and heat Cody had severe damage to his entire respiratory system. His mouth. nasal passages, trachea and lungs were also harmed. He suffered a large burn covering the entire right side of his body. His eyes were cloudy and dry and the poor guy was in pain.
Cody is still at Rossmoyne Emergency Trauma Center and while his lungs and airway are improving but his burn wounds and eyes are worsening. Cody’s prognosis is guarded but fair.
Even though RAETC has donated professional time and fees, the medications, blood tests, xrays and equipment being used is costly. Officials at RAETC is seeking donations from the public to help the struggling family save their dog!
An ER Fund has been set up at Members 1st Credit Union under Rossmoyne Animal Emergency Trauma Center. Note Cody on all donations. You may also drop off donations at the hospital or mail them.