HOOKS, Texas – These dogs really are man’s best friend. They are loyal, even in death.
Texas’ KSLA reported the dogs’ owner died when her mobile home caught fire and now they won’t leave the shell of the burned out house.
Officials said the woman’s husband suffered serious burns helping her and their two children out of the fire but the woman went back in for an unknown reason and didn’t make it back out.
According to KSLA, when the husband found out his wife had gone back into the home, he pulled out a window air conditioning unit to go back in to get her.
Fire crews had to pull him from the home.
Officials said this isn’t the first house fire for the man.
They told KSLA he and his family suffered a previous tragedy five years ago when a faulty dryer caught the house on fire.
Officials have not confirmed what started the fire.
The names of the family members have not been confirmed at this point.