Local News

Lancaster City fire caused by careless smoking

A discarded cigarette is to blame for an early evening three alarm fire in Lancaster City.  The fire broke out at about 5:14 pm in an apartment building along the 300 block of North Duke Street. The first fire crews to arrive on the scene reported heavy smoke and flames from a second floor porch.

The fire quickly went to three alarms for additional manpower. The building houses an office on the first floor and apartments on the second and third floors. Working smoke detectors alerted residents in the apartment to the fire. Everyone evacuated safely.

The fire was ruled as accidental. There was estimate of damages.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement