The Columbia Police Department is seeking help from the public to identify a serial bank robbery suspect who was operating in the PA/New Jersey Region. The suspect is believed to be responsible for 9 bank robberies spanning between November 19 2013 and April 4, 2014.
On Friday, April 4, officers were call to the Union Community Bank on Lancaster Avenue for a robbery that had just occurred. The man fled with an undetermined amount of cash and got into a silver/gray late-model GMC Sierra or Chevrolet Silverado full size four door pickup truck. Police say the truck displayed a PA registration plate that was previously reported stolen out of Lehigh County.
Police are describing the suspect as a white male between the ages 30 and 50 years old, brown hair, glasses, short facial hair and about 5’10″ tall with a slim build.
Investigators believe the same suspect is responsible for at least 9 bank robberies, including:
1. November 19, 2013- Bank of America: 7720 Main Street, Fogelsville, PA 18051
2. December 4, 2013- First Niagara Bank: 861 North Route 100, Fogelsville, PA 18051
3. January 23, 2014- Fulton Bank: 866 US Route 15 North, Dillsburg, PA 17019
4. January 31, 2014- Wells Fargo Bank: 7614 Tilghman Street, Allentown, PA 18106
5. February 6, 2014- Fulton Bank: 22 Village Center, Logan Township, NJ 08085
6. February 12, 2014- M&T Bank: 2715 North Meridian Blvd, Wyomissing, PA 19610
7. March 18, 2014- Citizen’s Bank: 2748 Route 611, Tannersville, PA 18372
8. March 24, 2014- Fulton Bank: 528 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA 17601
9. April 4, 2014- Union Community Bank: 921 Lancaster Avenue, Columbia, PA 17512
In addition to the robberies listed, the suspect may be responsible for bank robberies in New York, Delaware, and Maryland. Anyone with any information is asked to contact Columbia Police at 717-684-7735.