York County father charged with child abuse

A York County man is behind bars charged with abuse of his 14 month old son.  Charges were filed against Peter Moore, 39, of Etters, on May 15 following an investigation that began in March.

Police were alerted on March 8 by authorities about a child at Hershey Medical Center with fractures in both legs. Moore and the child’s mother had brought the child there for treatment.

Moore faces a felony charge of Aggravated Assault and a lesser charge of Endangering Welfare of Children.  Following a preliminary hearing on May 20, he was sent to York County Prison in lieu of $5,000 bail.

22 Comments to “York County father charged with child abuse”

Not a child abuser said:
    May 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM

You should do your homework Fox 43 and report how he served time in prison already for attempted murder of his first child when he gave him shaken baby syndrome and messed that poor kid up for life. This goes to prove that child abusers should be castrated and unable to ever make more babies to abuse.

family friend said:
      May 29, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Maybe you should do yours as well. If you know as much as you think you do, you would know that this didn't occur. Do you even have children? You have no clue.

his wife said:
      May 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM

You are ignorant. He did not attempt to murder his child, first off. Second off, he did his time, got anger management and therapy. He became a man that could handle tough situations in an exemplary manner. He worked hard. He loved and provided for his family. He didn't do drugs, or drink. Everyone that KNOWS him loves him, and he earned that. He was a damned good man. To be biased as you are of a past of over a decade ago, and not even fully knowing the correct facts on that situation, you should have your ovaries removed so that your ignorance doesn't spread any further.

Chalkie said:
    May 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM

That's some low azz bail.

Ed L said:
      May 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM

I agree! And there should be no bail!

his wife said:
      May 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM

It's low bail because half the people involved know the case is BS, but no one with authority has the balls to stand up and do the right thing. So an innocent man is sitting in jail as it drags out, while his family suffers- mostly the children, so can they take their time through a trial as more damage is caused that he'll only be proven innocent in at the end- but hey, then they can say they tried at least, to cover their tails. That's what this is all about.

his wife said:
    May 29, 2014 at 8:24 AM

He committed no crime. There was a biased and incomplete investigation. My son’s injuries were attributed by my autistic daughter, and we have sufficient evidence on ongoing safety concerns with her but the police department and DA’s apparently have little education on the capabilities of autistic children. What you see in the headlines is NOT what the truth is. The truth well come out in trial. So those that want to bash who was an amazing husband and father- don’t attribute to wrong with the justice system. Remember there is a whole story, and it’s most certainly not being told.

wow said:
    May 29, 2014 at 8:35 AM

so rather than admit the man did wrong you’d rather place the blame on your daughter … if you have evidence that supports that theory they wouldn’t have arrested him. I feel bad for your children.

family friend said:
      May 29, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I think you should do some further research. You obviously don't know much about the subject at hand either. I feel bad if you have children. Don't feel bad for their children except for the fact that idiots like yourself are keeping their father away.

his wife said:
      May 29, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Blame? You don't BLAME an autistic child. She has a condition that needs special attention, and unfortunately with her inability to express herself properly, it can be a risk. I've stated for years I feared she'd hurt someone one day. Does she mean to? No. Even with casts on she never even fully understood he was hurt. But we live in a society where SOMEONE must be "blamed" so the authorities can cover their tails due to the decades they let abusers slide- now it"s in the opposite extreme where the truth no longer matters, as long as someone goes down on paperwork so it doesn't come back on them. And I've got news for you- if there was a chance he did anything, there wouldn't be time for me to admit anything. My mugshot would be up there instead and he'd never be able to make it to a trial. But unlike the agencies involved, I took ALL FACTS into consideration. And truth is truth. It's no one's fault. The only fault here is how this was carried out, literally traumatizing my children unnecessarily. This man was a loving, caring, nurturing father to both of my children- even with my daughter's condition. Him being where is is this moment is a case of double jeopardy and further proves that the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" is a phrase of the past. And unlike you say, evidence attempted to be provided was ignored and witnesses that calls' were never returned most of the time. The only abuse and neglect made to my children was on behalf of CYS, the police department, and the DA's office. You sound as arrogant as the "detective" that "conducted" this case. Please don't reproduce.

his wife said:
    May 29, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Fox News- you want a story? I have one for you. A story of how a corrupt system destroyed an innocent autistic child, that had issues before, but they turned her life upside down and had her regress into an unimaginable state that hospitalizations and medications can’t fix now. As their mother, I’ve never even had a speeding ticket, and the children were temporarily even taken from me because I voiced concerns about an autistic child going before a forensic interrogator without knowledge of autistic children. Both children displayed blatant “white coat syndrome” toward doctors and social workers, but both also reached for their daddy the whole time in the hospital. “Evidence” from the doctors is based off an “I think” without being able to answer basic medical questions to support their statements. Meanwhile I have photos and video evidence of my daughter’s rage since she lost her father, that is being ignored. My daughter’s mental health workers supporting us are being ignored. Hospitalization records are being ignored. I could go on and on. You want a story Laws need to be made to make authorities have awareness of children with mental disabilities and protecting not just their family’s rights, but theirs as well. This destroyed my children. You want a story? Contact me.

Alternate View said:
    May 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I am in complete agreement with "his wife". The justice system is corrupt and broken. People are no longer considered innocent until proven guilty. Not to mention that police, DA's, judges IGNORE real evidence that exonerates those arrested wrongfully. The news that is published is all ONE SIDED towards information that creates the most stir and drama. Don't make rash judgments based on someone else's perverted conclusions.

family friend said:
      May 29, 2014 at 11:28 AM

You, my friend, are a very smart individual. Thank you for making that statement. It makes me smile as someone else can see this. Thank you. :)

family friend said:
    May 29, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Not everything you read in the newspaper/website is correct. The system works against a lot of people including this family. Look at how many recurrent offenders of numerous violations are walking the streets, free and clear…so you would think, someone with half a brain would realize that it can work the opposite way, an innocent in jail for a crime he did not commit. So before you judge someone you don't even know or terrorize a wife of a beloved man, perhaps you should know some real facts. Children fall or get hurt, it's a fact of life. It doesn't mean someone intentionally harmed them, however, it's the conclusion some so-called professional came to. What about all of the children who are harmed and justice goes unserved? This story is untrue, plain and simple. The part that is the hardest to fathom is a family has been shaken apart and children have been harmed from the ones who aimed to keep them safe….medical professionals and the law. Think long and hard about that….

Concerned Citizen said:
      May 31, 2014 at 1:25 PM

A medical professional determined that the fractures are "Drop Fractures" which in a child of that age, occur only when the child is dropped from a significant height or forcibly slammed on their legs. He reported that the 5 yr old was supposedly laying across the baby's legs when he returned to the living room. So the only "logical conclusion" based on the timeframe that he provided to law enforcement and medical personnel, was the 5 yr old jumped from a significant height and managed to land on both of the baby's legs in a manner that would cause compound fractures in both legs. Common sense would leave one to believe that the probability of that happening are astronomical. Not to mention, this man has already displayed an inability to control his anger. He had already nearly killed his first child by shaking the poor baby and the child had already had evidence of healing rib fractures at the time the first child went to the hospital for SBS. None of you "family friends" are commenting about that.. His wife is despicable, throwing her own daughter under the bus to protect her abusive husband. There is no physical evidence to support the scenario that the wife and husband are trying to portray. The children of these sick bastards should be taken away and Peter should be locked up for the next 25 yrs and raped repeatedly in prison and the wife should be committed to a mental institution. Doctors do not have access to criminal records, so this ridiculous notion that the medical profession is out to get the family is absurd. There job is to protect those innocent children, because obviously the mother isn't. She would probably be content to have the 5 yr old removed from the home and the abusive husband returned. She won't be satisfied until her 5 yr old is in a home and her baby has shaking baby syndrome. Good luck you whack jobs.

his wife said:
    May 31, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Of the garbage spewed last, I count three statements right off the bat attempted to be presented as fact that are absolutely false. (not including the arrogant judgemental opinions) This one isn’t even worth addressing.

Extremely Curious said:
    May 31, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I’m extremely curious to know what you, (his wife), “know” happened while you were not home and while the children were in the care of your husband? So please, since you’re obviously so eager to tell a story, let’s hear it!!

Concerned Citizen said:
      May 31, 2014 at 7:50 PM

I'm curious as to why someone (the wife) who knows her husband nearly shook a three month old to death, broke the baby's ribs, and permanently disabled that child would even leave her children alone with such a man. Sounds like either really poor judgment or just disgusting selfishness. Not to mention, she's trying to throw her own daughter to the wolves to protect her abusive husband. I wonder what the 5 yr's old father would think of this?

his wife said:
        May 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Throw her to the wolves? Put her in a home? Get the hell off your throne- no one is going to harm my daughter for an accident, not over my dead body. And put her in a home? Again- over my dead body. Maybe you’d dump your child for having issues, but I’m standing by mine no matter what she’s done or will do. Her father? Pete is her father. And I see your game “concerned citizen”.. You’re not as smart as you think you are.. nice try though.

Extremely Curious said:
    May 31, 2014 at 8:39 PM

What I’m wondering is, where is your “dangerous” 5 year old daughter while you’re on the internet all day defending your husband? If you’re so concerned about her hurting someone, which according to you has now happened, why isn’t someone watching her more closely around a 14 month old who is obviously too young to defend himself?

his wife said:
      May 31, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Maybe it takes you a lengthy amount of time to make a simple reply to a handy thing called a “notification” on a handy little portable device called a cell phone, but I’m not on the internet all day. My son is watched at all times when my daughter is near and yes- right now she is dangerous at moments. Wise crack if you want but I have extensive video, photos, and witnesses including medical professionals and hospital records that show she is not in a good state of mind because she’s an angry, confused little girl that simply wants her father back. You make it out as if I try to make her sound like a monster. I don’t appreciate that. She’s a special little girl that needs extra attention and as much as you want to question my judgement or parenting skills, it’s funny the workers and therapists that have been in and out of our home for years working with my daughter never seemed to think so.. But I suppose you’d know better.

Deb A said:
    June 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Any chance of knowing when the trial date is??? Very curious because According to this the wife has victory locked up… And lord I hope she is right… I’m really curious to see what the professionals have to say and how this pans out…