Columbia rated one of best small towns to visit
Pennsylvania Destinations Receive National Travel Accolades as it Readies for Summer Tourism Season
As a kickoff to the official start of summer, Pennsylvania First Lady Susan Corbett today announced the recognition of several iconic attractions and destinations throughout Pennsylvania.
Headlining the recognitions, Trip Advisor named Gettysburg National Military Park the top landmark in the United States and number nine of the top 25 landmarks in the world. The Travel Channel recently designated Pittsburgh as one of the top 10 all-American vacations in 2014.
“These latest rankings confirm what we have always known – Pennsylvania offers incredible experiences for travelers with a variety of interests,” Mrs. Corbett said. “We are so proud that national publications are recognizing the state’s iconic destinations and their broad appeal to visitors across the country and throughout the world.”
Other recent accolades in 2014 include:
- USA Today Travel recognized Philadelphia among the top 10 historic cities in the country.
- Smithsonian Magazine included Columbia, PA, in a roundup of the best 20 small towns to visit in 2014.
- Trip Advisor featured Gettysburg among 10 destinations on the rise.
- CNN Travel also ranked Philadelphia as one of America’s best vacations for sports fans.
- Pittsburgh’s PNC Park was named the top ballpark in America by Trip Advisor for the second year in a row.
Travelers to Pennsylvania are invited to plan a summer road trip to the many nationally recognized destinations throughout the state with more than 50 road trip itineraries on visitPA.com/pa-road-trips.