What’s legal here? Fireworks laws for all 50 states


You can have your sparklers, toy caps and other novelties in Pennsylvania, but you need a display permit from your local municipality for the big boomers. Similarly, you need a  license issued by the PA Department of Agriculture to sell ‘Consumer Fireworks,’ defined in PA Law as “any combustible or explosive composition or any substance or combination of substances intended to produce visible and/or audible effects by combustion and which is suitable for use by the public that complies with the construction, performance, composition and labeling requirements promulgated by the Consumer Products Safety Commission in 16 CFR (relating to commercial practices) or any successor regulation and which complies with the provisions for “consumer fireworks” as defined in the American Pyrotechnics Association (APA) Standard 87-1, or any successor standard.”

And if have the license, you can sell those cherry bombs, M-80s, M-100s, silver salutes to residents of other states, but not to Pennsylvania residents, unless they have the proper permits.

Every state has their own rules. Here is a link to check out the rules in Pennsylvania and every other state: http://www.americanpyro.com/state-law-directory