Dad Calls 911 when son starts choking; The boy’s mother is the dispatcher
MARYSVILLE, CALIFORNIA. — Britney Melchor was training a dispatcher for the Marysville, California, Police Department in late May when a harrowing 911 call came in: Her own baby was choking.
Melchor took the call when 14-month-old Maverick had a small, metal washer stuck in his throat and the father, Robert Kimball, wasn’t able to get it to go down.
“Can you respond to my aid?” an audibly shaken Melchor said. “My child is choking. Medical is en route.”
Kimball was able to dislodge the washer before the ambulance arrived.
“He’s — well — he’s amazing,” Melchor said of her fiancé.