Recall on peaches & other stone fruit
Do you buy stone fruits? Then we have a recall to tell you about.
Wawona Packing Company based in California is recalling select peaches, nectarines and plums due to possible Listeria contamination. The bacteria can cause dangerous, flu-like symptoms. Children, pregnant women and the elderly are especially susceptible.
Giant Food Stores and Martin’s Food Markets has since removed its organic peaches and nectarines and certain Orchard Perfect peaches from store shelves.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Organic Nectarines, PLU 94378
- Organic Peaches, PLU 94044
- Orchard Perfect Nectarines, PLU 4378 and PLU 4036
- Orchard Perfect Peaches, PLU 4044 and PLU 4038
- Orchard Perfect White Peaches, PLU 4401
- Orchard Perfect Black Plums, PLU 4040
- Orchard Perfect White Nectarines, PLU 3035
Customers who purchased the fruit should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant or Martin’s for a full refund.
More information, including a list of the specified products recalled is available on the FDA website.