UPDATE: On 3-alarm fire in Lower Windsor Township
Police Chief Tim Caldwell with Lower Windsor Township Police says a family of five lived inside the house that exploded earlier this morning along the 100 block of Calvary Church Road in Lower Windsor Township.
Thankfully, all family members were out of the house when the explosion erupted.
The father, John Gish, is a doctor at Lancaster General Hospital. He was in Maryland at the time. His wife and three children were on a camping trip nearby.
Chief Caldwell says the house is completely destroyed and all that’s left of it is the outline of a basement and chimney.
They do not suspect any suspicious behavior and say it appears the cause of the fire was propane related.
The surrounding roads have reopened, however crews are still on the scene. We’re told one firefighter was taken to a local hospital for heat exhaustion.
Stay with FOX43 for more updates on this developing story.