York Township fire likely started in the kitchen

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A York County couple is out of their home, after a fire rips through.
The fire started in the kitchen on the home on the 400 block of Chancellor Road in York Township.
York Township Fire Chief Nathan Tracey tells FOX43 the homeowners were cooking food on the stove, when the fire started and spread up a pipe to the attic.
The chief also says renovations in the home and drop ceilings made it hard to put out the flames.
No one was hurt, but a family cat died from smoke inhalation.
The American Red Cross is helping the couple.