Yorkfest is just one week away. The event consists of a juried art exhibition, a children’s festival and much more. Mindy Christian from YorkArts talks about the chalk walk and some of the neat public art that’s going to be on display.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, August 23
- Market St. between N. Beaver and N. Pershing
- The Chalk Walk is a competition to promote public art and celebrate creativity of high school-aged and adult artists. Awards are given for people’s choice, high school and adult, and judge’s choice
- Register by August 16 on the YorkArts website
Adult Juried Exhibition
- On display Aug. 14 through Sept. 13
- With the awards ceremony 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, August 22
- At YorkArts gallery, 10 N. Beaver St.
- Adult Literary Award winners to read their winning pieces at 7 p.m., and awards will be given for best in show and awards of distinction
Children’s Art and Literary Exhibit
- Exhibit runs Thursday, Aug. 21 through Saturday, Aug. 30
- At YorkArts@CityArt, 118 W. Philadelphia St.
- An awards ceremony will be held 2 p.m. Saturday, August 23, with Mayor Bracey to announce the winners