Coroner rules fire death of Middletown man accidental

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MIDDLETOWN (WPMT)- Dauphin County Coroner Graham Hetrick rules the death of 54-year-old James McMeniman accidental. He died in a fire Monday night inside his South Lawrence Street apartment in Middletown.  Hetrick says the cause of death was smoke inhalation.

McMeniman’s dog, who neighbors described as his best friend, also died in the fire. A pet cat survived the blaze.

The Red Cross is helping two people who also lived in the building.