Fire causes $40K in damage to home in York City

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YORK CITY, Pa.–An electrical fire caused $40,000 in damage to a home in York city on Wednesday afternoon.

The fire broke out shortly after 1:15 p.m. at a home along the 1500 block of Wogan Road.

Fire officials say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the kitchen. No one was hurt.

Six adults were displaced.