Fire destroys large shed in York County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YORK COUNTY, Pa. - Firefighters battle a fire in a large shed in York County.  The fire broke out at about 8:17 pm in the 700 block of Olive Street in Spring Garden Township.

They was concerned about gas cans close to the building.  The building was also filled with wood. Firefighters knocked down the flames but were on the scene for hours dealing with hot spots.

The homeowner says the fire was caused by hot embers from a fireplace that were placed in a bag and left in the shed.