Track Hurricane Maria’s path with the FOX43 Hurricane Tracker

Coroner: Hanover man died from carbon monoxide poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HANOVER, Pa. – A Hanover man found dead in his home on Monday morning died from carbon monoxide poisoning. The body of Lewis Bowers, Jr., of the first block of W. Granger Street, was discovered at about 10:30 am.

Bowers did not have any electric service to his home at the time of his death. The lack of power was not due to any outage from the weekend snow storm.

Tests at York Hospital revealed that Bowers died of CO poisoning. His death has been ruled accidental. The Coroner’s Office warns that improperly ventilated heat sources such as propane heaters, ovens, stoves could result in CO poisoning or causing a fire.

The family has set up a GoFundMe account to help pay for funeral expenses.