YORK, Pa.-- Looking to put a new spin on the same, old Thanksgiving meal?
Tune in this week to FOX43 Morning News as we have different chefs in the FOX43 Kitchen from Willow Valley Communities.
Willow Valley is a premiere 55 plus senior living community located on Willow Valley Square in Lancaster.
All this week, chefs will be in the FOX43 Kitchen preparing special Thanksgiving Day dishes in anticipation of the Holiday. Every day, we will take a look at different parts of the Thanksgiving meal, including sides and desserts.
Today, we have Linda Cwynar, a baker chef from the Corner Sweets Bakery at Willow Valley Communities preparing a sweet twist on classic holiday desserts.
The recipe for the dish can be found below:
Caramel Pumpkin Torte:
1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
1 can (15oz) solid-pack pumpkin, divided
½ cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 carton (16oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, eggs, oil and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar and remaining pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a fourth of the filling. Repeat layers three times. Take the caramel sauce and drizzle the top cake with sauce, and sprinkle pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings
- 1 slice = 528 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate, 39g sugar, 3g fiber, 7g protein
Tune in all week to get ideas for your Thanksgiving Day meal!
For more information on Willow Valley Communities, you can visit their website here. You can also call at 800-770-5445.