Mechanicsburg family homeless in garage fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CUMBERLAND COUNTY, Pa. – A Mechanicsburg family is homeless after a fire that began in the garage of their home. ¬†Firefighters responded at about 4:30 p.m. in the 400 block of Sharon Avenue. The first firefighters on the scene reported the home’s attached garage was engulfed in the flames. The fire quickly spread to the rest of the home. A second alarm was sounded for more manpower.

Fox43’s Matt Maisel tweeted from the scene.