Red Cross assisting four people after Lower Paxton Township apartment fire
LOWER PAXTON TOWNSHIP, DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa.– The Red Cross is assisting four people including a child after a fire ripped through an apartment complex.
The blaze sparked around 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Village Knoll Apartments in the 200 block Joya Circle. Upon arrival, officers found flames emanating from a second floor kitchen window with heavy smoke.
The Red Cross tweeted that crews took one person to the hospital, but the extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.
Only one apartment unit was damaged, and the initial cause of the fire appears to be a kitchen accident.
The Fire Marshall’s investigation is ongoing.
FOX43 will provide updates as they become available.