Pa. Turnpike reopens following 3 vehicle crash in Cumberland County
CUMBERLAND COUNTY, Pa.–The Pennsylvania Turnpikehas reopened in both directions between the Breezewood Exit (# 161) and the Carlisle Exit (# 226). It was closed earlier Monday due to a three-vehicle crash at milepost 215.3 eastbound. All motorists in this area should remain alert for slow-moving or stopped traffic as they approach the Breezewood and Carlisle exits.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike has reopened after being closed for several hours this morning.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike was closed in both directions between the Breezewood Exit (# 161) and the Carlisle Exit (# 226) due to a crash that occurred at milepost 215.3 early Monday. The incident involves two tractor-trailers and a minivan in the eastbound lanes . One of the tractor-trailers overturned, according to Turnpike officials. Four people were taken to an area hospital for treatment.
Drivers in this area should stay alert for congestion with slow-moving or stopped traffic as they approach the Breezewood and Carlisle exits and use extra caution.
The westbound lane reopened this morning, with the eastbound lanes reopening at about 10:30 a.m.
To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
- Variable & Digital Message Signs— nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
- Highway Advisory Radio— 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
- Turnpike Roadway Information Program(toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP(8747)
- Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
- TRIPTalk— free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
- Travel Conditions Map— live, inactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
- Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com