Two alarm house fire in Shiremanstown

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHIREMANSTOWN, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, Pa – Firefighters are on the scene of a two alarm house fire on the first block of W. Green St. in Shiremanstown that broke out at 4:30 p.m. The fire reportedly broke out in the living room.

First firefighters on the scene reported heavy smoke and flames pouring out of the building coming from the first floor. The second alarm was sounded for more man power.

The fire began on the first floor in the living room.  No one was home at the time when the fire started.  Firefighters had a hard time putting out the fire due to a large amount of belongings inside the home.  They were able to get the fire under control in about an hour.

Fire Chief, Rick Dayton, says the fire appears to have started in the area of a wood-stove, but the fire is still under investigation.