Attn: College Juniors and Seniors
WPMT-FOX43 News based in York, Pennsylvania is currently accepting internship applications for the Summer 2014 semester. We have a variety of internship opportunities available for currently enrolled college juniors and seniors, 18 years of age or older, pursuing careers in television, broadcasting, journalism and other related fields.
Candidates must be available at least two days per week. Interns must be highly organized, self-starting individuals who have a nose for news, along with sharp and quick writing skills.
You also must be able to work quickly, efficiently and without much supervision.
This position is unpaid, and candidates must be currently enrolled in college to apply. Our objective is to enhance the student’s understanding of the broadcasting business, production systems and to reinforce their desire to further pursue a career in broadcasting.
To apply, email a cover letter that clearly outlines your availability and interests, a resume, and three clips or writing samples to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “FOX43 Internship.”
Deadline to apply is April 1, 2014
Internship Application Procedures In order to apply for an internship with WPMT, you must submit the following:
1. One copy of your resume outlining any other internships, certifications, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
2. Cover letter which must include:
- Personal introduction
- Department you would like to intern for ( i.e. Reporter, Photographer, Producer, Editor, Director)
- Statement verifying eligibility to receive school credit for internship
- Your schools beginning and end dates for the semester during which you wish to intern
- Days and times available during internship period