The former Penn State football players and fans who organized 5,000 people to RISE and RALLY at the Nittany Lions’ 6 a.m. practice are at it again. This time FightOnState.com is pitching in, too.
With no bowl trip available for a deserving group of Penn State seniors, the RISE and RALLY group is footing the bill for them to attend a bowl-like celebration of the 2012 season. The 2013 RISE and RALLY Bowl in Atlantic City, N.J., will be filled with three days of film and autograph sessions, rallies, presentations, and party after party. It will end with a giant tailgate-themed event in the House of Blues concert hall on Monday night.
“The senior class, we’re all very excited about it,” said 2012 Penn State captain Michael Zordich. “…This is going to be a great opportunity for us to get out there and see all the fans … (and to) have a good time — just kind of mix and mingle and be ourselves.”
Nittany Lion fans, former players and members of this year’s senior class will gather at the Trump Taj Mahal Hotel Casino and the Showboat Casino in Atlantic City for the first annual RISE and RALLY Bowl Jan. 5-8. Event organizers said travel packages and event tickets have gone on sale today through the group’s website, www.RISEandRALLY.com. There are a limited number of packages available and they are going on a first-come, first served basis.
“The 2012 PSU football team is the most special group I’ve covered in more than two decades on the beat,” FightOnState.com editor Mark Brennan said. “We’re happy to be a part of The RISE and RALLY Bowl, where players and fans have a chance to celebrate and say thanks to a group that accomplished so much in the face of so many obstacles.”
Added former Penn State linebacker and Letterman Club President Tim Sweeney: “The organizers have agreed to front the costs for rooms and meals for all seniors attending. Our hope is that supporters of the 2012 class will want to help this group enjoy a bowl-like atmosphere.” Sweeney and former All-Big Ten offensive lineman Keith Conlin are part of the organizing group.
Other former players scheduled to attend include, Daryll Clark, Derrick Williams, Trey Bauer, Aaron Maybin and many others.
A portion of each package sold will help defray the cost for the seniors to appear. A special sponsorship package is available whereby a fan can cover the cost for one senior to attend the bowl celebration.
While the schedule is still being finalized, plans are for The RISE and RALLY Bowl to include:
- A Saturday night VIP cocktail reception with former players, featuring a performance by the Almost Angels.
- A giant tailgate party on Monday night, celebrating the season. In addition the NCAA Championship Game and the Penn State vs. Indiana men’s basketball game will be shown on big screens at the event.
- Sports memorabilia and autograph sessions
- Fans will get a chance to study game tapes in film sessions with former players, examining great plays with the actual team members
- An NFL Wild Card Playoff game viewing party
- A Penn State trivia breakfast, hosted by FightOnState.com
- Live podcast of The Goon Show during Monday’s player panel luncheon
- Food and drinks at the various parties
The RISE and RALLY group is known as “The Unofficial Travel Squad” for PSU fan experiences and intends to organize exceptional future Blue and White celebrations.
The information above provided by the Rise and Rally organization.