Natural Gas Leak Forces Evacuation at Mobile Home Park

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A natural gas leak forces the evacuation of more than a dozen people at a York County mobile home park.  It happened just before 5 o’clock Monday evening at the mobile home park in the 2200 block of Pine Road in Dover Township.  It happened when workers on a sewer line struck an underground natural gas pipe outside one of the homes.


When firefighters arrived on the scene as they were hooking up to a hydrant, a water main broke leaving residents without a water supply. Repairs continue to fix both problems.