Decision in vaping taxes case – Tonight on FOX43 News At Ten

Carbon monoxide leak at Heritage Hotel linked to malfunctioning boiler

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

flashinglights

Authorities say two people were taken to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at a Lancaster hotel late Friday night. Guests staying at the Heritage Hotel located along the 500 block of Centerville Road were evacuated after two guests became ill and complained of symptoms similar to carbon monoxide poisoning.

They were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment and have since been released, according to a news release. Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide on the second and third floors.

They determined the problem was caused by a malfunctioning boiler.

A hotel spokeswoman says there is no longer any carbon monoxide present in the hotel.

“The safety of our guests and our staff is our number one priority,” said Matt DeRose, owner and president of the Heritage Hotel Lancaster & Heritage Hospitality. “As you can imagine this news came as a shock. We have been working around the clock on this matter.”